Thursday, July 26

Psalm 23

Psalm 23 is one of those oft quoted Psalms as it is a comfort Psalm. That is, the pictures given in Psalm 23 are of the Lord as our shepherd caring for us. This can give comfort in hard times. I've recently been using this Psalm as a fall back when I get nervous about my seizures. I'll quote the whole Psalm quickly in my mind, and God rarely fails to bring some different point of emphasis out of the Psalm. I want to write down a couple of thoughts from Psalm 23:1-3.

1. He is the restorer of my soul, no other thing on earth will bring me comfort. It is God alone who restores the soul.
2. He leads me in "paths of righteousness, for His name's sake". The paths we walk are ordained by our Father. They are not meaningless paths, but by our walking them, His name is glorified.

No comments: