Tuesday, April 18

Hebrews 6:19-20 We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.
Often life can be like the sea. As I look at my life now, it appears to be fairly calm. Of course there are the occasional ups and downs of daily life, but no major turmoil. At past times in my life I have experienced some storms that really rocked me. In those times, the anchor of my soul has held me fast. A boat doesn't just rely on its anchor during a storm, though, even in times of calm we can drift. Because of Jesus Christ who stands in the most holy place in our behalf, we have an anchor for our souls. When the stormyness of life seems to overwhelm or I find myself drifting in the calm, I must always look beyond the immediate circumstances. During rough times or calm times I need to be reminded of who my anchor is. How good it is to be steadfastly anchored in the sea of life unafraid of the storms that may hit me, because I know that my soul is anchored by Jesus Christ.

No comments: