Saturday, October 7

The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more - Rom 5:20

Most of my journal/blog entries have been positive and exhortational moments. Right now, however, I am feeling less than spiritual. It's that feeling you get (or I get) when you feel like every responsibility that God has given you is overwhelming you. It's that feeling you get when your life situations reveal what your heart is really like and the view is somewhat like looking at roadkill that's been dead by the side of the road for a week!
 
Preaching only to myself here... The more I see of God and the more that His Word and Spirit reveal my true nature (sin increases), the more the wonderful grace of Christ increase. Indeed, it is only of His grace that I see my sin. It is by His grace that I am be delivered from the bonds of sin in this life. And it is by His grace that I will someday be fully and beautifully changed into His image.

No comments: