Friday, February 2

Resolutions (Heading)

I want to write a series of posts detailing (primarily for myself) what each of these mean, why I put it in this list, the scriptural backing, and the practical application. But first I need to address the heading...

Relying solely on the righteousness of Jesus Christ who by his life and death has become my justification and sanctification, I do purpose the following:


It is critical to recognize that anything we do that is pleasing in God's sight, is not because of our own goodness (Is. 64:6), but exclusively because of Jesus. Righteousness is not something that we can achieve, but something we are given. (2 Cor. 5:21) Would I never make a resolution, my standing before God would not be different in the slightest.
Christ's death appeased the wrath of God and payed for the penalty of our sins, but his life gave us our righteousness. His 33 years of sinless life are counted as mine!
Based on this understanding, these resolutions are written as my attempt to state my convictions. Imperfectly lived, but still convictions. Or one may say convicting convictions.

No comments: