Wednesday, March 15

1 Cor. 4:4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent.
 
The conscience is a God given thing, I thank the Lord for my conscience; however, because of the deceitfulness of sin, my conscience will deceive me. The apostle Paul lived with a clear conscience, but realized that sin can very easily still creep in. I look to my wife and other believers who would know me well (unfortunately they are few and far away, at this point...) to help me in this area. As depressing as it can be to see our sin, it is always important to remember grace. As we come to God's Word, and become more sensitive to the Spirit's conviction, our sin becomes more and more visible. Yet, never forgetting, that this is part of God's grace in our lives  ...where sin increased, grace increased all the more. (Rom 5:20)

No comments: