Wednesday, March 8

1 John 3:1a How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

I am a father of five children. Last night was not a restful night. On my way in to work this morning, God in his goodness reminded me of all I have to be thankful for. It started with seeing the sun coming up, breathing, walking, my family, etc. It was precisely what I needed. It reminds me of an old hymn called "Count your blessings". But I find that for me, blessings very quickly become expectations. This is why the gospel is for today. The verse above is exactly the blessing I need to remember. Not the "I'm a great guy and no wonder God wants for his child" attitude but "I, as a hater of God, have been given this BLESSING of childhood."

No comments: