Tuesday, March 21

2 Cor 1:21, 3:18 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ...And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
My salvation will always be because of Christ. My salvation experience in the past, the living out of my salvation in the present, and my future completed salvation in a life that goes on forever with God. It is a temptation to think that my present experience of salvation (sanctification) will be caused in part by my obedience, my spiritual disciplines, my love for God. Yet Scripture is definite when it states "God makes...us...stand firm in Christ." This is God's work, not mine. The result of His work is that day by day we are transformed into his image allowing us to see more and more of his glory. Delight in the glory of God is to begin in our present experience of salvation and will only grow until the consumation of our salvation when we will "see Him as He is."

No comments: